Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Oakland County Michigan Gold!

Oakland County Gold! Yes, gold can definitely be found in Oakland County Michigan, but not in large quantity. I’m going to share a little story about Michigan gold from just a couple weeks ago.

A cold Lower Michigan Creek
Old man winter was finally saying good bye, it was a snowy winter here in Michigan. I was ready and raring to go look’in for some of that Lower Michigan gold. I called my good buddy Lumpy (Yes that’s his real name) to head out on an early spring morning just after the snows have melted. Man was the water cold.

There were always rumors floating around about Southeastern Michigan gold. The latest rumor we heard about through the grapevine was that there was Gold right here in Oakland County Michigan. Honestly, I was very skeptical and thought that we wouldn’t find any Gold. With a side kick named Lumpy you’d think there was no chance at all.

"There's gold in them hills!"
Honestly, I had looked in Livingston County many times before and only found one small flake in two years worth of trying. So we went out, froze are donkey butts off and found some nice fine flakes, lost some weight too, and did Lumpy ever do some smack talk’in.

If you find some old quarries your chances of finding Gold will go up... It is still very hard to find so you will still have to look every inch on these grounds. Small creeks can be good to but it always seems the gold is finer in these streams. Good luck look’in for Gold in Southeastern Michigan and have fun Prospecting.

Big Tim say’in “That’s it for now!”

Picture of a Gold flake on my trip with "Lumpy"

1 comment:

  1. Tim, I am an ancient copper researcher compiling a database and wonder if you might have one to share of your copper finds? Please contact me at moberein@yahoo.com and I guarantee anonymity. My website is www.monettebebow-reinhard.com

    ReplyDelete