Saturday, September 26, 2009

Michigan Green Stones

Gems of chlorastrolite (Michigan green stone) are very rare. Until recently these gems were found on Isle Royale (a large island west of the keweenaw peninsula). They are now being found in the old copper mines of the keweenaw peninsula.



The Michigan state gem is chlorastrolite. A precious gem with chatoyant dark green and dark blue patterns. It looks like dark green boulder opals with less fire or dark green fire agates. If you are into these gems you will probable love green stones.



My brother and I have hunted these beautiful gems for 20 years. We have finely found enough gems for exciting new sterling silver jewelry line. Made with Michigan shapes and green stone gems. This line of jewelry is hand made by me and my brother, from start to finish.


We have searched the basalt rock (with green stones in them), then we do the lapidary work, gem setting and jewelry work. We have created a unique product made in Michigan.

If you are interested in more information contact me at timthunder@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. GREAT pictures... and nice blog... keep up the good work. I'll be sure to check in often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pieces, Tim! Looking forward to seeing more of this great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tim,

    looks like great work
    I'm interested to see what you create next

    ReplyDelete